Tuesday 29 March 2011

Marmite and Marzipan

Marzipan seems to be one of those things, like Marmite and liver, that divides people.  Either you love it or you hate it, no middle ground.  Now, I am aware that there are some perfectly nice, respectable people who don't like either marmite or marzipan but I always feel slightly disappointed when somebody I like and respect isn't a fan of one or the other as I am inordinately fond of both.  That obviously extends to fictional characters as I felt a distinct pang when I learnt that Thursday hates marzipan. 

I took cheese and marmite sandwiches to school every single day (creature of habit, me?) and still consider a cheese and marmite panini to be a real treat.  I usually have one at the Fforganiser meetings now that there is a Starbucks at the De Vere.

Marzipan makes me think of my Gran, or rather battenburg does, she always used to have one in the tin when we went round to visit.  That and seed cake.

My sister hated marzipan and I always used to have hers from the Christmas cake.  My mum always made and iced the cake and the marzipan was really thick and yummy, so it's just as well we don't all like the same things.  Which is why, if you tell me you don't like marzipan, I see it less as a minor character defect on your part, more of an oppportunity for extra marzipan for me.

And if you are sat there thinking 'She should have changed that post and called it 'Marmite, Marx and Marzipan', I think I love you.

1 Comments:

At 30 March 2011 at 06:48 , Blogger Elizabeth said...

I love both ( although not together ) and agree someone else's dislike of marzipan is an opportunity for extra! I'd bath in it if I could and may well have done since lush have a bath bomb called marziban or something.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home