Sunday 3 April 2011

Lobsters again!

Thanks to the Ffiesta I have become slightly obsessed with lobsters, as I'm sure you've noticed.  Those of you who have been following this blog (and I know there are a few of you, so thank you) probably groaned when you saw the title of this post, and thought 'Not blimmin' lobsters again, the woman is obsessed!' Which just proves my point. 

Anyway, whilst not quite living in a shrine to lobsters, I do seem to have quite a few about the house.  And not just the box of Swindon lobsters sharing my bedroom,  which I mentioned the other day.  I have, in no particular order; a lobster dog toy (which the dog is not allowed to play with), a lobster bath toy (which Tyke is allowed to play with) a lobster bath sponge, a lobster teether, a lobster rattle, a cuddly lobster, lobster T shirts and several lobster ornaments. I even had a lobster tattoo (temporary obviously) for a while last year!

My kids, who used to cringe with embarrassment at my excitement at spotting yet another lobster, have now become inured to my cries and even join in the hunt.  I'm a bit surprised that I didn't get a lobster of some sort or another for Mother's day, but we've proably exhausted the supply locally!

I am also a repository of strange lobster facts, and if there is a song or poem referencing them that I am not aware of I shall be amazed.

I realise that I am probably setting myself up for being accosted at the next Ffiesta and asked lobster trivia questions, which I shall probably not know the answer to and thereby look a fool!  Ho hum!

(but I do know that the biggest lobster ever caught weighed over 44lbs)

2 Comments:

At 4 April 2011 at 19:22 , Blogger Phil McMullen said...

One word...

CRAYFISH

 
At 7 April 2011 at 03:29 , Blogger Rory said...

from here:
http://www.starstuffs.com/animal_totems/dictionary_of_wateranimals.html

Lobster, like Crab, shows how to keep protected on all levels; mental, spiritual, physical. He teaches guarding yourself with camouflage if needed along with balance and grounding. Progressing backward is sometimes needed to move forward, trust Lobster to show when and how to move into the next phase of your life. He will demonstrate how to use intution and honing your senses. He gives you the skills to go deep into situations and hold on and/or let go if needed. Lobster's depth of feeling will show how to work together to meet all of your needs in work, home, family and friends; truth, honesty and openness will help heal. Feel the rhythm of life for when true comfort sets in creative potentialities will be born. Lobster medicine will help growth even if it means to leave the old behind.

Well, just in case you didn't have that information. We don't want you getting tripped up in a quiz. Although, I'm pretty sure from that description the lobster has you covered. :D

Rory

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home